Studio Policies and Recommendations
– Please arrive 10-15 minutes before class begins to ensure that classes start and end on time.
– If a class only has ONE sign up it will be cancelled eight hours prior.
– Late cancellation fee: Make EVERY EFFORT to come to class ON TIME. You may only cancel your reservations up to 8 hours before class begins to respect the instructors planning, as well as waitlisted students. It is important to contact us as soon as possible if you are unable attend your class or cancel your reservation. Students who no call-no show will be charged a $15 fee. We understand things happen, so please reach out as soon as possible so that we can work with you.
– Clothing Guidelines: Avoid baggy clothing and keep hair securely held back from face. Aerial clothing must have no snaps, hooks, or zippers. Wear shirts that cover underarms and pants that cover to the knee to prevent silk burn.
– No Jewelry or sharp metal accessories on clothing or bodies is allowed, as this will tear the aerial fabrics.
– Shoes must be removed before class begins.
– Avoid eating a heavy meal 2 hours before working out; avoid acidic foods before Aerial workouts.
– Come to class bathed and in clean clothing: please be considerate of others who will be using the hammocks and mats after you.
– Never come to class after smoking or drinking any substance that will affect your behavior or have a strong scent.
– Do not mount apparatus (silks, hammocks, lyra, trapeze) before class has begun, An instructor should always be present, and a proper warm up should take place to avoid injury.
– Do not teach moves to other students. This can be very dangerous, and lead to bad habits.
– Open Studio is for students who have been taking aerial classes regularly; no formal instruction will be given.
– Review Class Descriptions and Guidelines: Some classes require experience or instructor permission. When in doubt, please ask!
– Drink lots of water!
Frequently Asked Questions
Please review student requirements on our Class Descriptions Page. Classes that indicate permission or experience needed are designed with some basic knowledge of aerial movement in order to be successful. Some classes can be very challenging as they are high intensity and move quickly – students must be able to invert with proper form, perform air hip keys and foot locks, and single star drops without assistance.
When in doubt, ask your instructor!
Aerial Yoga uses aerial silk hammocks that are rigged from 2 separate points and are rigged at hip height in order to act as a prop for traditional yoga poses. Aerial Fitness is a much more intense program that utilizes 15 foot high silks that are split into separate pieces to be used for climbing, wrapping, and executing dance and acrobatic skills in the air.
If your schedule doesn’t allow you to make it to our Intro to Aerial Class, we highly encourage you to take an ALL LEVELS Aerial Fitness Class or any Aerial Yoga Class.
Comfortable clothing that you can move freely in, a water bottle, and a yoga mat. Please refrain from wearing ANY kind of jewelry- this can cause injury, and tear the silk fabric. Please arrive early to warm up and get settled in for class. Be sure to review our parking and driving directions, as the millyard can be confusing.
Eat a light meal 2 hours before class starts, and avoid heavy meals or acidic foods (coffee, tomatoes, soda) within 4 hours of an Aerial class. Bring water to class and stay hydrated. No gum, please!
Yes, please do- but only within Aerial Fitness classes! YOGA and AERIAL YOGA classes we discourage electronic devices as this takes away from the experience for yourself , the instructors, and those around you. Within Aerial Fitness classes, we want you to be proud of your accomplishments, track your progress, and make memories with them so you can share with friends and family. We ask that you use video/photos for your own personal practice, reflection, memorization, and growth as an aerialist. If others are in your pictures or videos, we request you do not post on social media without permission
Our new location is right between Granite St, Exit 5 and Exit 6 from 293 South within the Waumbec Mill, located at 250 Commercial Street in Manchester, New Hampshire. The studio is located on the third floor best accessed from the NORTH door entrance. There is free visitor parking within the lot, and paid meter parking along Commercial Street. There are bathroom and changing rooms down the hall, a kitchenette inside the studio with coffee and tea bar, as well as light snacks. We have air conditioning in the summer, and plenty of heat in the winter months. Driving and Parking Directions can be found here.
Our studio offers Aerial Yoga classes of up to 8 students and aerial fitness for up to 6 students so that everyone is guaranteed their own silk and close guidance. Since our studio space is so intimate, all students are given hands on instruction with classes that are catered to their abilities, skills, and goals. With smaller group classes, safety is the number one priority for all students. We ask that since you must reserve your own hammock or silk to please be courteous about signing up online our and cancelling classes 12 hours so that other students on the waiting list may get a spot.A